This tour takes you to the heartland of Tibetan plateau. If you are interested in ancient Tibetan history and culture then this is the trip for you. Starting from the old Tibetan capital Lhasa you will be driven to Gyantse and Shigatse, the two most important cities after Lhasa. As you are driven along the central Tibetan plateau, you will get to see the old forts and citadels of the Tibetan kings, great monasteries with histories as old as Tibet, caves painted with beautiful murals, which were used as retreats by Buddhist monks, and the hardy Tibetans whose faith and belief in Buddhism is woven in their daily life. Scenic vistas like the one at the Yamdrok-tso Lake and the snowy summit of Nazin Kang Sa (7252m) will be a treat for sore eyes.
In Lhasa you will get to visit the imposing Potala Palace, the splendid Norbulingka (summer retreat of Dalai Lama), the magnificent Sera monastery, the holy Jokhang Temple and the busy Barkhor square, the nerve centre of Lhasa.
- Day 01:Arrive Lhasa (3660m).
- Day 02:Sightseeing Sera monastery, Norbulingka and Jokhang temple.
- Day 03:Sightseeing Potala Palace, Drepung monastery and Barkhor street.
- Day 04:Drive Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m/261km).
- Day 05:Drive Gyantse - Shigatse (3900m/90 km).
- Day 06:Drive Shigatse – Lhasa (280km).
- Day 07:Depart Lhasa.
What's Included / Excluded?
- 06 Nights’ accommodation at 3 Star hotel in Tibet and best available en-route on bed and breakfast basis.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Lhasa with entry fees.
- Tibet Travelling permit.
- Transportation by Van or 4WD Jeep.
- Airport transfers.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet.
- International airfare.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
- Your insurance.