Khongma Tse, 5849m, rises to the north of the Khongma La, standing above the Khumbu Glacier opposite the village of Lobuche. It is one of several small summits, including Pokhalde, that make up the long south-west ridge of Nuptse between the Khumbu and Nuptse Glaciers. Formerly called Mehra Peak or Mehra, the name was changed to Khongma Tse to avoid confusion with the popular 6476m Mera Peak.
Seen from Gorakshep, the summit has a diamond-shaped hanging glacier above a steeply inclined rock wall that makes up the mountain’s North Face. From Bibre, to the south near Dingboche, the mountain is much more approachable. Seen from the lakes east of the Kongma-La, a small, stepped glacier descends from the summit between long, rocky arms that make up the mountain’s South and South-East Ridges. The margins of the glacier provide the normal route of ascent.
A highlight of this trip is an ascent of Pokhalde which provides superb views of Konga Tse prior to ascending the peak. As with Pokhalde, the views from the summit of Kongma Tse are spectacular, especially so because of the nearness of the massive south face of Nuptse. The views northwards towards Pumori and the Lho La are also outstanding.
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla and Trek to Phakding [2652m].
- Day 04:Trek to Namche [3450m].
- Day 05:Rest day in Namche.
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche [3867m].
- Day 07:Trek to Pheriche [4252m].
- Day 08:Rest day in Pheriche.
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuche [4930m].
- Day 10:Trek to Pokhalde Base Camp.
- Day 11:Climb Pokhalde [5806m] and Return to Pokhalde Base Camp.
- Day 12:Trek to Khongma Tse Base Camp [5400m].
- Day 13:Climb Khongma Tse Peak [5820m] and Return to Khongma Tse Base Camp.
- Day 14:Trek to Pokhalde Base Camp.
- Day 15:Trek back to Lobuche [4930m].
- Day 16:Trek to Chukhung [4750m].
- Day 17:Trek to Tengboche [3867m].
- Day 18:Trek to Namche [3450m].
- Day 19:Trek to Lukla [2800m].
- Day 20:Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 21:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels as per the itinerary on BB plan.
- Camping trek as per the itinerary.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb.
- Domestic flights for the sector Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu.
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Trek staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Down jacket (to be returned after the trip completion).
- Duffel bag, company t-shirt and trekking map.
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit.
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping.
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment.
- Medical kit (carried by your guide).
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monuments entrance fees.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- All government taxes.
- International airfares.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc. unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Helicopter evacuation.