Witnessing the landscape from Mera Peak makes you feel like you have conquered the majestic kingdom of the Himalayas, a kingdom where serenity blends with exquisite beauty. The surreal view of the five eight-thousand (Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Cho Oyu, Mount Manaslu and Mount Kanchenjunga) surrounding Mera Peak presents you the epitome of natural magnificence. Having said that, the journey to the peak is equally interesting; in fact, it will be a journey through culture and wilderness.
Mera Peak (6476m) is located in the Lower Solu, south of Mount Everest. There are three summits of Mera Peak: North (6476m), Central (6461m), and south (6065m). This climb will certainly be different, as we will be going via Phaplu, which lies in Makalu Barun National Park. You can enjoy the rich Sherpa culture and lifestyle at villages like Phaplu, Taksindu, Nunthala, and Kharikhola. The simplicity and contentment of people living in these villages will certainly make you ponder upon your life. There are many Gumbas throughout the route, the major one being Chiwang Monastery, where you can get good vibes and positive energy from. The trek will also take you through passes like Zatra Pass, Mera La Pass, and Taksindu Pass.
The best time for the climbing is amid spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November). Mera Peak is a trekking peak, meaning you will not require high experiences of mountain climbing; however physical and mental fitness is a must. The experienced guides and Sherpas will lead you and give their best for your health and safety. Climbing Mera Peak will be an adventure and a sweet memory for a lifetime.
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Drive to Phaplu [2475m]; trek to Chiwang [2490m].
- Day 04:Trek to Taksindu [3071m] / Nunthala [2250m].
- Day 05:Trek to Kharikhola [2050m] via Dudh Koshi [1600m].
- Day 06:Trek to Shibuche [2820m] via Pangum La [3173m].
- Day 07:Trek to Ramailo Danda [3275m].
- Day 08:Trek to Chetra Khola [3220m].
- Day 09:Trek to Kote [3590m].
- Day 10:Trek to Thangnak [4350m].
- Day 11:Rest day at Thangnak.
- Day 12:Trek to Khare [4900m].
- Day 13:Rest-prepare day.
- Day 14:Trek-climb to Mera-La [5400m].
- Day 15:Climb Mera High Camp [5800m].
- Day 16:Summit, return to Khare [4900m].
- Day 17:Trek to Thangnak [4350m] / Kote [3590m].
- Day 18:Trek to Thuli Kharka [4300m].
- Day 19:Trek to Lukla [2800m].
- Day 20:Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 21:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels as per the itinerary on BB plan.
- Lodge or Camping trek as per the itinerary.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb.
- Domestic flights for the sector Lukla – Kathmandu.
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Trek staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Down jacket (to be returned after the trip completion).
- Duffel bag, company t-shirt and trekking map.
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit.
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping.
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment.
- Medical kit (carried by your guide).
- Surface transfers Kathmandu-Phaplu.
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monuments entrance fees.
- Welcome and farewell dinners at local Restaurant with cultural program.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- All government and local taxes.
- International airfares.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc. unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Helicopter evacuation.