Pokalde Peak rises to the north of the Kongma La above the Khumbu glacier opposite Lobuche. Lying at a relatively low altitude, Pokalde provides its climbers an interesting and adventurous trekking experience.
Pokalde (5806m) was first climbed in 1953 via the Kongma La along its north ridge by the 1953 Everest Expedition team led by John Hunt. Pokalde resembles a crenulated rocky ridge dominated by the vast bulk of Nuptse when viewed from Nuptse. The northern side of the peak has a small hanging glacier that is best reached along the ridge rising from the Kongma La. By and large rock on the peak is poor, although it does offer some interesting scrambling on the well-defined ridges. The summit provides a good viewpoint making its ascent a well-deserved accomplishment.
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla and Trek to Phakding [2652m].
- Day 04:Trek to Namche [3450m].
- Day 05:Rest day in Namche.
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche [3867m].
- Day 07:Trek to Pheriche [4252m].
- Day 08:Rest day in Pheriche.
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuche [4930m].
- Day 10:Climb Pokhalde [5,806 m]
- Day 11:Trek back to Lobuche [4930m]
- Day 12:Trek to Chukhung [4750m]
- Day 13:Trek to Tengboche [3867m]
- Day 14:Trek to Namche [3450m]
- Day 15:Trek to Lukla [2800m]
- Day 16:Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 17:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels as per the itinerary on BB plan.
- Camping trek as per the itinerary.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb.
- Domestic flights for the sector Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu.
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Trek staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Down jacket (to be returned after the trip completion).
- Duffel bag, company t-shirt and trekking map.
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit.
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping.
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment.
- Medical kit (carried by your guide).
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monuments entrance fees.
- Welcome and farewell dinners at local Restaurant with cultural program.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- All government and local taxes.
- International airfares.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc. unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Helicopter evacuation.