Your tour commences in Beijing, a city in Northern China. Beijing, an ancient capital and a bustling modern metropolis is a city of amazing contrasts. In Beijing some incredible historical sites awaits you. On a guided tour, you explore the Forbidden City, the Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall of China and the Temple of Heaven.
Leaving Beijing you embark on a train journey to Lhasa, aboard the world’s highest railway, the Qinghai-Tibet railway. As the train trundles along the high Tibetan plateau, picturesque scenes of Tibetan countryside whiz by. Owing to Tibet’s high altitude the train has been equipped with oxygen-supplying equipments. Oxygen masks are available for those who are prone to altitude sickness.
In the old city of Lhasa, you will be taken on a guided tour to all the city’s major attractions: Potala Palace, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka etc. Excursions to important Tibetan cities of Shigatse, Gyantse and Shegar are also included in your itinerary. On reaching Rongbuk, you get to view the world’s highest mountain Mount Everest.
- Day 01:Arrive in Beijing and transfer to hotel
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Beijing
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Beijing.
- Day 04-05:Morning free, evening board Train to Lhasa. Departure at 20:30 hrs (48 hrs journey)
- Day 06:Arrive in Lhasa (3650m)
- Day 07:Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 08:Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 09:Free day in Lhasa (for acclimatization)
- Day 10:Drive to Gyantse (3950m/261km)
- Day 11:Drive to Shigatse (3900m/90km)
- Day 12:Drive to Shegar (4050m//244km)
- Day 13:Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/68km)
- Day 14:Explore Everest base camp & drive to Tingri (4390m/65km).
- Day 15:Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/68km)
- Day 16:Drive to Kerung (24500m/246km)
- Day 17:Drive to Kathmandu (1400m/175km)
- Day 18:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 19:Depart Kathmandu
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at the airport by our office representative.
- Guided sightseeing tour including a visit to the Great Wall in Beijing.
- Lhasa / Beijing train fare (soft sleeper; if unavailable would opt for hard sleeper and refund the difference).
- 3 Star Hotels all the places as per the itinerary in Beijing, Tibet and in Kathmandu and best available en-route with breakfast.
- Transportation by van or as per the group size.
- Sightseeing tours with English speaking local Tibetan guide in Beijing and in Lhasa.
- All entry fees.
- Tibet travel permit and airport transfers.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with an English speaking guide and entry fees.
- Transfers Kyirung – Kathmandu with necessary vehicle retention.
- Farewell dinner at local restaurant with cultural dance show.
- Chinese Visa for American – Normal fee US$ 198.00 per person [before 4 days].
- Tibet Chinese Visa for others foreigner – Normal fee US$ 114.00 per person [before 4 days].
For above Chinese visa is implemented for those who wish to visit from Kathmandu onward.
Train fare from Beijing to Lhasa US$ 295.00 per person each way on soft sleeper bed [included in the cost and subject to availability].
- Tibet / Chinese Visa fee [as above].
- All personal expenses like telephone calls, tips, shopping, laundry, cold/hard drinks etc.
- Service which are not mentioned above inclusion part.
- Any meals.
- Evacuation cost, travel insurance.
- Extra cost incurred in or due to unforeseen reasons such as road blockage due to landslide, heavy snowfall, extra night stay mentioned than above etc.
- Personal clothing & equipment.
- Your insurance.
|Start Date||End Date|