A visit to the famous North base camp of Everest is another highlight of this trip. The trail passes through alpine meadows, forests filled with wildflowers, glaciated valleys, high mountain passes, traditional Tibetan villages, ancient monasteries, rich barley fields, picturesque yak pastures, Tibetan nomadic land, emerald green lakes and so many other captivating sights.
Driving along the Friendship Highway you pass through small Tibetan settlements, where you will see nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains. You will meet the trekking support crew at the trail head point at Kharta. Yaks will carry the food supplies and trekking equipment. You camp amidst spectacular mountain scenery. Crossing the 5330-meter-high Langma-La (pass), the highest point of the trek, on your way to Everest’s east base camp gives you an ultimate high-altitude experience. Some of the peaks which you get to view on this trek are Shishapangma, Cho Oyu, Menlungtse, Gauri Shankar and the Kanchenjunga massif.
- Day 01:Arrive Lhasa (3660m).
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 04:Free day in Lhasa for acclimatization.
- Day 05:Drive to Gyantse (3950m/261kms).
- Day 06:Sightseeing & drive to Shigatse (3900m/90kms).
- Day 07:Sightseeing & drive to Shegar (4050m/244kms).
- Day 08:Drive to Kharta (3690m).
- Day 09:Rest day in Kharta for further acclimatization.
- Day 10:Trek to Lhundrubling (3990m).
- Day 11:Cross Shao La (4970m) & trek to Kaamo Tsangpo valley.
- Day 12:Trek to Khangsung valley (4300m).
- Day 13:Trek to Pethang Ringmo (4960m).
- Day 14:Pethang Ringmo to Hoppo (4800m).
- Day 15:Trek to Kangshung base camp (5090m).
- Day 16:Trek to Base of Langma-La (4800m)
- Day 17:Cross Langma-La (5390m) & trek to Lundrubling (3990m).
- Day 18:Trek to Kharta (3690m).
- Day 19:Drive to Rongbuk (5000m), trek to Everest North face base camp (5150m).
- Day 20:Drive to Kerung (2450m/380kms).
- Day 21:Drive to Kathmandu (1400m/123km).
- Day 22:Final departure.
What's Included / Excluded?
- 04 Nights’ accommodation at 3 Star hotel in Lhasa and best available en-route on bed and breakfast basis.
- 1 nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on twin sharing.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Lhasa with entry fees.
- Tibet visa and Tibet Travelling permit.
- Special permit for Everest/ Kangshung Base Camp.
- Transportation by Land Cruiser with support truck.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Nepalese (Sherpa) crew & Tibetan guide.
- Meals during trek.
- Required yaks & yak drivers during trek.
- Airport transfers.
- PAC bag (Portable Altitude Chamber) & first aid medical kit.
- Transfer Kerung-Kathmandu by Bus/Jeep.
- Departure transfer.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet and in Kathmandu.
- International airfare.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Nepal visa.
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
- Your insurance.
|Start Date||End Date|