The trek is a pioneering high-altitude trek, right on the remote border of Tibet and Nepal. The efforts, and lightweight style final approach, is well rewarded by spectacular views into the Western Cwm, across the great Northern Walls Mt. Nuptse, and directly into the moving “Ice River” of the Khumbu Icefall across the border. The Lhotse face and South west face are seen from here too.
This trek affords perspectives of Mt. Everest which have only been the domain of mountaineers in the past, due to access being available only by a mountaineering permit. The route followed takes the trail to the North Side of Everest, but continues past the East Rongbuk Glacier to the site of Tilman’s 1938 “Lake Camp”, (west side base camp today) continuing to the site of his old North Face Camp before breaking out across the glacier under Everest’s West Ridge to the vantage point of the Loh La.
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing Kathmandu city, Swyambhunath and Patan city.
- Day 03:Sightseeing Bhaktapur, Pashupatinath and Boudhanth.
- Day 04:Fly to Lhasa (3660m).
- Day 05:Sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 06:Sightseeing in Lhasa.
- Day 07:Drive to Gyantse (3950m/261kms).
- Day 08:Drive to Shigatse (3900m/90kms).
- Day 09:Drive to Shegar (4050m/244kms).
- Day 10:Drive to Rongbuk (5000m/68kms/Explore Everest Base Camp (5200m).
- Day 11:At Base Camp.
- Day 12:At Base Camp.
- Day 13:Trek from Everest Base Camp to Camp 1 (5460m).
- Day 14:Trek to Camp II (Interim Camp/5760m).
- Day 15:Rest day at Camp II (Interim Camp/5760m)
- Day 16:Trek to Camp III (6340m).
- Day 17:Excursion to Advance BC (6400m)/back to Camp III.
- Day 18:Return to Base Camp.
- Day 19:Drive to Kerung (2450m/380kms).
- Day 20:Cross Nepal-China border, drive to Kathmandu (1400m/175kms).
- Day 21:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- 04 Nights’ accommodation at 3 Star hotel in Lhasa and best available en-route on bed and breakfast basis.
- 1 nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on twin sharing.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Lhasa with entry fees.
- Tibet visa and Tibet Travelling permit.
- Special permit for Everest/ Kangshung Base Camp.
- Transportation by Land Cruiser with support truck.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Nepalese (Sherpa) crew & Tibetan guide.
- Meals during trek.
- Required yaks & yak drivers during trek.Airport transfers.
- PAC bag (Portable Altitude Chamber) & first aid medical kit.
- Transfer Kerung-Kathmandu by Bus/Jeep.
- Departure transfer.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet and in Kathmandu.
- International airfare.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Nepal visa.
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
- Your insurance.
|Start Date||End Date|