On this Tibet overland tour you have four days in Lhasa to acclimatize and to absorb the exoticism of Tibetan heritage and to explore this history-laden city to its core. You will be expertly guided around the most significant and ancient Gompas (monasteries) of Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse by your Tibetan guide, who will instruct you on the intricacies and mysticism of Tibetan Buddhism. With its spectacular mountain scenery and rich Buddhist culture, Tibet would certainly be a unique mystical destination to visit.
You drive down Friendship highway by a vehicle passing through small Tibetan settlements where you get upfront views right from your vehicle of nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains amidst a backdrop of awe-inspiring mountain peaks.
A special highlight of this trip is the visit to the Everest base camp where you will be rewarded with panoramic and breath-taking views of Mount Everest from the north side. This overland tour will be a mystical delight that will be remembered by the fireside for many winters to come.
- Day 01:Arrive Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 03:Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 04:In Lhasa
- Day 05:Drive to Gyantse (3950m/261km).
- Day 06:Sightseeing in Gyantse & drive to Shigatse (3900m/90km).
- Day 07:Drive to Rongbuk & Explore Everest base camp (5000m).
- Day 08:Drive to Rongbuk & Explore Everest base camp (5000m).
- Day 09:Drive to Kerung (2450m/246km).
- Day 10:Drive to Kathmandu (1400m/123km).
What's Included / Excluded?
- 3 Star hotel in Lhasa and best available en-route on bed and breakfast basis.
- Transportation as per the group size.
- Sightseeing tours with our local Tibetan English speaking guide.
- All entry fees.
- Tibet travel permit.
- Airport transfers and supply of bottled oxygen in car.
- Transfers Kerung to Kathmandu.
- Any meals.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Any airfare.
- Chinese Visa fee.
- Airport tax.
- Personal clothing and equipment.
- Any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation / road block due any reason.
- Your personal insurance.
|Start Date||End Date|