On this 15 day tour and trek you not just embrace an amazing opportunity to trek the hotspots of Bhutan but also get to feast on an incredible diversity of mountains and ecosystems. A hike to Takstang Monastery provides ample acclimatization for a delightful trek from Drugyal dzong towards campsite at Shana (2800m) and thereon to Soi, Thangthangkha and then to Jangothang. A rest day in Jangothang acclimatizes you completely for further trek to Lingshi, Shodu, Barshong and finally to Dodina.
Along the trekking trail, nature scintillates you with its lush forests of pine, oak, rhododendron, juniper, bamboo and spruce, Pachu River gracing down the majestic landscape, outstanding views of Chomolhari (7320m), Jichu Drake (6900m) and Tshrim Khang, cliffs overlooking stunning views of cascading waterfalls, yak pastures and trout-fishing sites. If you get lucky, you may get to spot rare fauna like blue sheep and snow leopard. Eventually, after insightful sightseeing in Thimpu you will be farewell to Bhutan with indelible trekking experience, photographs and mementos that intimately bond you to Bhutan and its people throughout your lifetime.
- Day 01:Arrival Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03:Fly Paro by Druk Air
- Day 04:Hike to Taktsang monastery
- Day 05:Drive to Drugyel Dzong and trek to Shana camp
- Day 06:Trek from Shana to Soi Thangthangkha
- Day 07:Trek from Soi to Jangothang
- Day 08:A rest day at Jangothang
- Day 09:Trek from Jangothang to Lingshi
- Day 10:Trek from Lingshi to Shodu
- Day 11:Trek from Shodu to Barshong
- Day 12:Trek from Barshong to Dodina and drive to Thimphu
- Day 13:Sightseeing in Thimphu and drive to Paro
- Day 14:Transfer to airport fly to Kathmandu
- Day 15:Final departure
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- 04 Nights twin/double room accommodation on full board basis at 3 star hotel in Bhutan as per the itinerary.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water during the trek including guide and necessary support staffs with their insurance and salaries.
- Camping accommodation during the trek.
- Necessary trek transfers as per the itinerary.
- Tourism Development fee and Tourism Service Charge in Bhutan.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Applicable hotel and government taxes presently.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal and Bhutan visa fees.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Paro / Kathmandu.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments.
- Emergency Evacuation.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.