The Royal Bardia National Park was initially a Royal hunting reserve. It was in 1976 that it was gazette as Royal Karnali Wildlife Reserve with an area of only 368 sq. KM in 1982, It was renamed as Royal Bardia Wildlife Reserve Which also included the Babai River Valley. It was only in 1988 that is was granted a status of National Park in order to preserve the dwindling species of rare ecosystem, including flora and fauna, particularly the tiger and its other prey species. This park is the largest and most undisturbed wilderness area in the terai providing excellent habitat for most of the endangered species of wildlife and birds. The park now covers an area of 968 sq. KM. It was only 1994 basic facilities existed for independent visitors. It has extensive and varied wildlife-all endangered rhinoceros, Wild elephants, The Royal Bengal Tiger, Swamp deer, Black buck, Gharial Crocodile, Gangetic Dolphins.
More than thirty different mammals, over 400 species of birds, many snakes, lizards, and fish have been sighted and recorded in the park’s forest, grassland and river habitats.
Among these include, Langur monkey, common leopard, Jungle cat, fishing at, large and small Indian civets, mongoose, hyena, wild dog, jackal. Sloth bear, otter, porcupine, bandicoots, blue bull (Nilgai), Sambar deer, hog deer, barking dear, wild boar etc. This park is one of the best place to view the most magnificent of cats, The Royal Bengal Tigers. The chances are almost 80% depending on season.
- Day 01:Fly to Nepalgunj [55min]/Drive to Bardia National Park [3-4 hrs.].
- Day 02:Jungle activities
- Day 03:Jungle activities
- Day 04:Drive to Nepalgunj and fly back to Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation on full board basis in Bardia National park.
- All jungle activities as per the itinerary inclusive of national park fees.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu with necessary airport transfers.
- Applicable government taxes.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Tipping amount.