Discover the rich cultural heritage of Bhutan by taking this cultural tour. Visits to ancient dzongs (forts), monasteries, museums, cultural centers, and excursions to picturesque Bhutanese villages are all there in your itinerary.
Your journey starts from Paro, the only place in Bhutan low enough to have an air strip. You get to survey the ancient Drugyel Dzong in Paro and capture the awesome view of the entire valley from Ta-Dzong. A scenic drive to the capital city Thimphu, where you get to discover the rich Bhutanese heritage and culture. Gangtey, another stop in your itinerary, has the famous monastery, Gangtey Gompa. Gangtey Gompa, perched atop a small hill that rises from the valley floor and is the only Nyingmapa Monastery on the western side of the Black mountains. The monastery is surrounded by a large village inhabited mainly by the families of the 140 Gomchens (Lay Monks). Experience Bhutanese village life at Wangduephodrang, observe the traditional art of healing diseases at the Indigenous Hospital and learn more about the rich Bhutanese art and culture by visiting the Art & Craft School, National Library, Royal Goldsmith Workshop and Handicraft centers.
- Day 01:Arrival Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Flight to Paro drive to Thimphu.
- Day 04:Sightseeing tour.
- Day 05:Drive to Punakha.
- Day 06:Drive to Trongsa.
- Day 07:Drive to Bumthang.
- Day 08:Sightseeing in Bumthang.
- Day 09:Sightseeing in Bumthang / Ura village and Swiss farm.
- Day 10:Drive to Gangtey.
- Day 11:Drive to Paro via Wangduephodrang.
- Day 12:Paro sightseeing.
- Day 13:Hike to Taktsang monastery.
- Day 14:Transfer to airport fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 15:Final departure
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing tours as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- 11 Nights twin/double room accommodation on full board basis at 3 star hotel in Bhutan as per the itinerary.
- Tourism Development fee and Tourism Service Charge in Bhutan.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Applicable hotel and government taxes.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal and Bhutan visa fees.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Paro / Kathmandu.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments.
- Emergency Evacuation.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.