Dhaulagiri is one of the most popular 8000m Peaks for climbing in the Himalayas. The seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri lies north – west of Pokhara culminating to its highest point at the eastern end. Dhaulagiri is almost unique in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain where it rises to 7000m over the Kali Gandaki gorge to the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two eight thousand Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
Daulagiri was first discovered in 1808, and it was thought to be the highest mountain in the world for westerners. It was assumed the highest peak for 30 years before its place was taken by Kanchenjunga. Dhaulagiri literally means ‘white mountain’ which justifies a magnificent peak rising as a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow.
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Drive to Beni and trek to Durban (850m/9 hrs.).
- Day 04:Trek to Takum (1123m/5 hrs.).
- Day 05:Trek to Muri (1850m/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 06:Trek to Boghara (2080m/6 hrs.).
- Day 07:Trek to Dobang (2250m/6 hrs.).
- Day 08:Trek to Choriban Khola (2650m/5 hrs.).
- Day 09:Trek to Italian Base Camp (3800m/7 hrs.).
- Day 10:Rest day.
- Day 11:Trek to Glacier Camp (4210m/6 hrs.).
- Day 12:Trek to Dhaulagiri Base camp (4748m/7 hrs.).
- Day 13:Rest day
- Day 14:Trek across the French Col (5360m)/Trek to Hidden Valley (5200m/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 15:Trek across Dhampus pass (5200m) to Yak Kharka (6 hrs.).
- Day 16:Trek to Marpha (2665m/7 hrs.).
- Day 17:Trek to Lete (2470m/6 hrs.).
- Day 18:Trek to Tatopani (1160m/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 19:Trek to Ghorepani (2775m/7-8 hrs.).
- Day 20:Trek to Birethanti (1050m/4-5 hrs.) and drive to Pokhara (3 hrs.).
- Day 21:Drive back to Kathmandu (210kms/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 22:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- 01 Night twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Pokhara.
- Fully organize camping trek including all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water.
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket, walking poles and duffel bag (to be return after the trek completion).
- All necessary trekking gear for porters and their insurance.
- Trek map.
- Necessary trek transfers as per the itinerary.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System fee.
- Night Guard during camping.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Surface transfers Kathmandu/Pokhara & Birethanti/Pokhara/Kathmandu with necessary vehicle retention.
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepal restaurant with cultural program.
- Applicable government taxes.
- Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.
|Start Date||End Date|
|08 Dec, 2023||29 Dec, 2023|
|03 Mar, 2024||24 Mar, 2024|
|15 Mar, 2024||05 Apr, 2024|
|24 Mar, 2024||14 Apr, 2024|
|31 Mar, 2024||21 Apr, 2024|
|07 Apr, 2024||28 Apr, 2024|
|19 Apr, 2024||10 May, 2024|
|28 Apr, 2024||19 May, 2024|
|03 May, 2024||24 May, 2024|
|10 May, 2024||31 May, 2024|
|17 May, 2024||07 Jun, 2024|