Mustang lies behind Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and geographically forms part of the Tibetan plateau. It was only in 1992 that the Government of Nepal allowed tourists access to the area.
The people of Mustang, Lobas, boast a long and proud history, their independent state dating back to the 5th Century A.D. In the 7th Century, Songtsen Gampo, most famous of all Tibetan kings, incorporated the land of Lo into his empire. Mustang only reappeared as an independent kingdom in 1430 when Gyalpo, ‘Precious Ruler’, Ame Pal founded a dynasty whose descendants survive to this day.
Our trek begins with a flight to Jomsom via Pokhara. We start walking beside the Kali Gandaki River and as we gradually gain height we pass salt mines, and hermit caves set in the cliffs above. Our route visits many villages on the way, including the rarely-seen settlements north of the square-walled city of Lo Manthang. We leave Mustang by a different route to add further interest.
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu city.
- Day 03:Drive to Pokhara (210kms/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 04:Fly to Jomsom (2743m) and Trek to Kagbeni (2896m/3-4 hrs)
- Day 05:Trek to Chele (3100m/6 hrs.).
- Day 06:Trek to Ghiling (3500m/5-6 hrs.).
- Day 07:Trek to Charang (3570m/7 hrs.).
- Day 08:Trek to Lo Manthang (3770m/4-5 hrs.).
- Day 09:At Leisure.
- Day 10:Trek to Ghami (3560m) via Lo Gekar (3879m/5 hrs.).
- Day 11:Trek to Samar via holy cave (Rangbyung) (3500m/5-6 hrs.).
- Day 12:Trek to Kagbeni (2896m).
- Day 13:Trek to Jomsom (2743m/2-3 hrs.).
- Day 14:Fly to Kathmandu via Pokhara.
- Day 15:Final departure
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- 01 Night twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Pokhara.
- Local Lodge trek including all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water including guide and necessary support staffs with their insurance and salaries.
- Waterproof Duffel bag.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) for safety measures.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System fee.
- Special permit for Mustang (US$ 500.00 per person).
- Airfare for the sector Pokhara / Jomsom & Jomsom / Pokhara / Kathmandu with domestic airport tax and necessary airport transfers.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- Farewell dinner at local Restaurant with cultural program.
- Applicable hotel/government taxes.
- Any meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipment.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.
|Start Date||End Date|
|12 Apr, 2024||26 Apr, 2024|
|21 Apr, 2024||05 May, 2024|
|28 Apr, 2024||12 May, 2024|
|03 May, 2024||17 May, 2024|
|12 May, 2024||26 May, 2024|