Island Peak was the name given to the mountain in 1952 by Eric Shipton’s party who thought it to be reminiscent of an island in a sea of ice. It is also known by its Nepali name of Imja Tse.
We start from Lukla and trek slowly up the Dudh Kosi valley and after a trip to Everest Base Camp we branch off to Chukkung and then onto Island Peak Base Camp and prepare for the ascent.
The mountain is an extension of Lhotse Shar, and is located between the Lhotse and Imja glaciers, standing at 6189m.
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla and Trek to Phakding [2652m].
- Day 04:Trek to Namche [3450m].
- Day 05:Rest day in Namche.
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche [3867m].
- Day 07:Trek to Pheriche [4252m].
- Day 08:Rest day in Pheriche.
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuche [4930m].
- Day 10:Trek to Gorakshep [5184m].
- Day 11:Trek to Everest Base Camp [5357m].
- Day 12:Trek to Dingboche [4350m].
- Day 13:Trek to Chukhung [4750m].
- Day 14:Trek to Island Peak Base Camp [5150m].
- Day 15:Trek to High Camp.
- Day 16:Ascent of Island Peak [6189m].
- Day 17:Spare day.
- Day 18:Trek to Pangboche [3950m].
- Day 19:Trek to Namche [3450m].
- Day 20:Trek to Lukla [2800m].
- Day 21:Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 22:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels as per the itinerary on BB plan.
- Camping trek as per the itinerary.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb.
- Domestic flights for the sector Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu.
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Trek staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Down jacket (to be returned after the trip completion).
- Duffel bag, company t-shirt and trekking map.
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit.
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping.
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment.
- Medical kit (carried by your guide).
- Sightseeing tours and transfers as per the itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monuments entrance fees.
- Welcome and farewell dinners at local Restaurant with cultural program.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- All government taxes.
- International airfares.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Any beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks etc. unless otherwise specified. It is more cost effective for us to bill you for all beverages based on actual consumption.
- Any items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls etc.
- The prices do not include: undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.
- Any other items not mentioned in the cost inclusion section.
- Helicopter evacuation.