Everest Base camp and Kala Patthar trek is fairly challenging trek. This classic trek is a variation of the normal Everest trail to avoid the busier standard route and to see Sherpa villages that are less used to visitors. Starting with a spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, you then trek through the heart of Sherpa country. This challenging trek culminates in either an early morning ascent of Kala Pattar (5545 meters) or the long trek to Everest Base Camp. Kala Pattar looks down on the Khumbu glacier, where the Base Camp is situated in expedition season, and offers superb views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Makalu.
Good acclimatization is the key factor in ensuring that you are successful in reaching your trek objective. Our side of the trek to the lovely village of Thame takes you off the beaten track, and more builds-in additional acclimatization days. Consequently our success rate for clients reaching their objective, be it Everest Base Camp, or looking down on Everest Base Camp from Kala Pattar, is excellent.
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla, trek to Chumoa (2743m/5-6 hrs.).
- Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3445m/6 hrs.).
- Day 05:Trek to Thame (3801m/6 hrs.).
- Day 06:Trek to Khunde (3840m/6 hrs.).
- Day 07:Rest day and acclimatization.
- Day 08:Trek to Thyangboche (3863m/5 hrs.).
- Day 09:Trek to Dingboche (4350m/6 hrs.).
- Day 10:Rest, Exploration and acclimatization.
- Day 11:Trek to Lobuche (4931m/5-6 hrs.).
- Day 12:Ascend Kala Pattar (5545m/8 hrs.).
- Day 13:Trek to Pangboche (4000m/4 hrs.).
- Day 14:Trek to Mong-La (3973m/5-6 hrs.).
- Day 15:Trek to Monjo (2835m/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 16:Trek to Lukla (2880m/6-7 hrs.).
- Day 17:Fly to Kathmandu (25min).
- Day 18:Final departure.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea and coffee and hot water during the trek including guide and necessary support staffs with their insurance and salaries.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Airfare for the sector Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu with domestic airport tax and necessary airport transfers.
- Sagarmatha National Park Free and Trekkers’ Information Management System fee.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide including monumental entrance fees.
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural program.
- Applicable government taxes.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking equipment.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, domestic flight delays due to weather, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Additional porters during the trek.
- Tipping amount.
|Start Date||End Date|
|08 Dec, 2023||25 Dec, 2023|
|10 Dec, 2023||27 Dec, 2023|
|15 Dec, 2023||01 Jan, 2024|
|11 Feb, 2024||28 Feb, 2024|
|16 Feb, 2024||04 Mar, 2024|
|18 Feb, 2024||06 Mar, 2024|
|23 Feb, 2024||11 Mar, 2024|
|25 Feb, 2024||13 Mar, 2024|
|29 Feb, 2024||17 Mar, 2024|
|03 Mar, 2024||20 Mar, 2024|
|08 Mar, 2024||25 Mar, 2024|
|10 Mar, 2024||27 Mar, 2024|
|15 Mar, 2024||01 Apr, 2024|
|17 Mar, 2024||03 Apr, 2024|
|22 Mar, 2024||08 Apr, 2024|
|24 Mar, 2024||10 Apr, 2024|
|29 Mar, 2024||15 Apr, 2024|
|31 Mar, 2024||17 Apr, 2024|
|05 Apr, 2024||22 Apr, 2024|
|07 Apr, 2024||24 Apr, 2024|
|12 Apr, 2024||29 Apr, 2024|
|14 Apr, 2024||01 May, 2024|
|19 Apr, 2024||06 May, 2024|
|21 Apr, 2024||08 May, 2024|
|26 Apr, 2024||13 May, 2024|
|28 Apr, 2024||15 May, 2024|
|03 May, 2024||20 May, 2024|
|05 May, 2024||22 May, 2024|
|10 May, 2024||27 May, 2024|
|12 May, 2024||29 May, 2024|
|17 May, 2024||03 Jun, 2024|