If you want to savor the rich Tibetan culture and history but don’t have much time to spare, then this tour is tailored for you. Lhasa, the most famous among Tibetan cities, was the capital of the first Tibetan emperor Songstan Gampo. The city of Lhasa lies on the north bank of the Lhasa River, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, at an altitude of 3,700 meters. Covering an area of 544 square kilometers and lying at an altitude of 3660 meters, Lhasa is the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region.
The city has a history of over 13 centuries and is synonymous with Tibetan culture and heritage. Your tour itinerary includes a visit to the majestic Potala palace, the splendid Norbulingka (summer retreat of the Dalai Lama), the sacred Jokhang temple and the busy Barkhor square. You will also be taken on a guided tour to the ancient monasteries of Sera and Drepung, important seats of Tibetan Buddhism, Potala Palace.
- Day 01:Arrive in Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 02:Sightseeing Sera monastery, Norbulingka and Jokhang temple.
- Day 03:Sightseeing Potala Palace, Drepung monastery and Barkhor street.
- Day 04:A free day in Lhasa for exploration
- Day 05:Depart Lhasa
What's Included / Excluded?
- 04 Nights’ accommodation at 3 Star hotel in Tibet on bed and breakfast basis.
- All guided sightseeing tours in Lhasa with entry fees.
- Tibet Travelling permit.
- Transportation by Van or 4WD Jeep.
- Airport transfers.
- Any meals during hotel stay in Tibet.
- International airfare.
- Any cost incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason (usually insurance covers this expense).
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
- Your insurance.