This is a 5-day biking trip on the ridge-top trails which encircle the Valley’s rim. We travel along little-used dirt roads away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Only a short bike ride away lies a delightful world of wooded slopes, small villages, hidden temples and the views which include all of the principal peaks of the Nepal Himalaya – from Makalu to the Annapurna providing some excellent, easy to semi – technical single track riding along old jeep roads. During these five days we will experience all of the sights, sounds, tastes and smells that make up life in Nepal’s ‘Middle Hills’. We will visit the historic cities of Patan and Bhaktpur, hill resort of Nagarkot with its sunrise view of the entire Nepal Himalaya and the temples, monasteries and picturesque villages tucked away in the forests along the way. We are so close to the bustle of Kathmandu, but so far off the beaten tourist trail.
With the mornings spent cycling above a sea of clouds, it would not be an exaggeration to call this a heaven for mountain bikers! Throughout the trip, support vehicles carrying all our gear will either follow behind us or be with us at the end of the day. Whether you ride for fun, or take it more seriously, challenges lie around every corner.
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03:Ride to Kakani (25kms)
- Day 04:Ride to Sundarijal (41kms).
- Day 05:Ride to Chisapani (16kms).
- Day 06:Ride to Nagarkot (32kms).
- Day 07:Ride to Panauti (30kms).
- Day 08:Depart Kathmandu.
What's Included / Excluded?
- Meet, assisted upon arrival at Kathmandu by our office representative.
- All arrival / Departure transfers as per the itinerary by air-conditioned vehicle.
- 03 Nights twin/double room accommodation with breakfast at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
- 04 Nights / 5 Days mountain biking trip as per the itinerary with our guide and supporting staff, vehicle on full board basis.
- Sivapuri National park fee.
- Applicable government taxes.
- Any meals other than breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Cost for Mountain bike hire (US$ 60-65 per bike and depends on the type of bike).
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
- Tipping amount.